Dental crowns near you are a common, versatile treatment for improving your teeth’s health and appearance. Whether you’re aiming to enhance your smile or address a damaged tooth, gaining a thorough understanding of dental crowns and their potential advantages is crucial. By gathering comprehensive information about this service, you’ll be well-equipped to make informed choices for the betterment of your oral well-being.
Why Would You Need a Dental Crown?
A crown is a type of treatment that resembles a cap that is used to replace teeth that are worn down, decaying, cracked, or weak. These porcelain, metal, or resin crowns have a 15-year lifespan with proper care.
Different types of dental crowns are::
- Metal crowns
- All-ceramic crowns
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal (PFM) crowns
- All-porcelain crowns
- All-resin crowns
- Temporary crowns
A number of reasons why your dentist may recommend acquiring a dental crown primarily includes those described below:
Dental crowns usually serve to treat severely damaged, broken, or cracked teeth. They shield the remaining tooth structure, avoiding further damage and possible tooth loss.
Support for Dental Bridges
Dental crowns are used to hold a dental bridge in place if one or more teeth are missing. The peaks are fixed to the nearby natural teeth, providing a solid foundation for the artificial teeth to be attached to.
Dental crowns are used to enhance the appearance of teeth. They are used to cover discolored or misaligned teeth, resulting in a brighter and more uniform smile.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Crowns enhance the appearance of damaged or discolored teeth, providing you with increased confidence and a brighter smile.
- Dental crowns allow you to bite and chew without pain by restoring normal tooth function.
- Dental crowns offer a long-term solution to dental issues and can endure for many years with proper care.
- Crowns protect weak or damaged teeth from further decay or fracture, allowing your natural teeth to be preserved.
The Dental Crown Process
Your dentist near you will examine your teeth thoroughly and discuss the need for a dental crown with you. If a dental crown is determined to be the best option, your dentist will walk you through the process and discuss different crown alternatives to help you make an informed decision to restore your oral health effectively.
The tooth that will receive the crown is prepped by removing any damaged or decaying areas. This step is essential for ensuring the crown fits securely.
To create a personalized crown that fits properly in your mouth, an impression of the prepared tooth is taken.
You will be given a temporary crown to safeguard the tooth while the permanent crown is being made in a dental lab.
When the permanent crown is completed, your dentist will remove the temporary crown and fix it with dental cement.
Caring for Dental Crowns
- Maintain Oral Hygiene: Brush and floss your teeth on a regular basis, particularly the crowned tooth, to avoid gum disease and decay.
- Avoid Chewing Hard Foods: Chewing hard foods or ice may cause damage to the crown.
- Regular Dental Check-ups: Visit your dentist in North Edmonton on a regular basis for check-ups and cleanings to ensure that the crown and your overall dental health are in good condition.
Restore Your Smile with Our Dental Crown Services!
With our exceptional dental crowns in North Edmonton, Beverly Heights Dental specializes in restoring your smile. Our custom-made dental crowns are designed to fit precisely, offering both effectiveness and cosmetic appeal, whether you have a chipped tooth, discoloration, or damaged tooth. We make your dental experience comfortable and stress-free by using modern technology and a commitment to quality.
We place your oral health and overall well-being first, so you leave with a confident and bright smile. You can rely on us to give you the most effective dental crown solutions to make your smile sparkle.