Dental Bridges Near You
Dentures and implants are two wonderful ways to repair your smile if you miss teeth. However, each of these methods can be quite costly. So, if you need to restore your smile but are eager to find a more reasonable alternative, then allow us to introduce dental bridges.
A dental bridge is a prosthetic specially designed to fill in the spaces between your teeth and give you back your ability to talk and eat. For more information about dental bridges in North Edmonton, AB, don’t hesitate to contact our local dental clinic.
Dental Bridges Procedures Explained
A dental bridge comprises a few different components similar to a dental implant. A pontic (artificial tooth) is anchored in place with two abutments, usually in the form of dental crowns. These abutments are placed onto your surrounding teeth.
Porcelain is the primary material used to create dental bridges since it’s durable, isn’t easily discoloured by food and drink, and mimics the shade of your natural smile.
4 types of dental bridges are available to patients. They are:
- Traditional – The most common type of bridge, this can be placed anywhere in your mouth. It used two abutments to keep the pontic in position.
- Maryland – This is quite similar to the traditional dental bridge. Both porcelain and metal are incorporated into the prosthetic.
- Cantilever – Only one abutment is used to anchor the pontic in place. Therefore, a cantilever bridge is typically recommended when you’re missing a tooth at the back of your mouth.
- Implant-supported – Dental implants are surgically installed into your jaw, providing an additional layer of support to the pontic.
If you’re unsure whether this course of treatment is for you, schedule a consultation with our dentist. They will explain the process of receiving dental bridges near you and address any queries or concerns that you have.
What are the Advantages of a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge can significantly improve your smile in several different ways:
- You can eat normally!
- Improves your ability to pronounce words more clearly.
- Helps maintain your facial profile.
- Relieves unnecessary pressure on your jaw when you eat because such internal forces are distributed more evenly.
- Stop your other teeth from shifting out of position.
- Helps improve the appearance of your smile, which, in turn, boosts your self-esteem!
Interested in Acquiring Dental Bridges Near You?
Our amazing staff at bridge dental clinic is ready and willing to assist you with all your oral health concerns. If you’re ready to kickstart your journey and obtain a new smile, then feel free to call us, come by our clinic in person, or visit our website to book an appointment when it works!