Do you want your teeth to be straighter but are concerned about how orthodontic treatment would affect your dental hygiene? While wearing Invisalign aligners can be a discrete and comfortable alternative to traditional braces, it’s crucial to practice appropriate oral hygiene during the course of treatment. After all, prioritizing good dental care can help you achieve a flawless smile.
How Does It Operate and What Is It?
If you’re thinking about getting Invisalign near you to straighten your teeth, you might be curious about how the process goes. A set of transparent plastic aligners that are specifically crafted for your teeth is used by Invisalign. Since the aligners are almost undetectable, very few people will even be aware that you’re wearing them!
An alternative to conventional metal braces is Invisalign. It’s important to remember that you cannot get Invisalign. Nonetheless, Invisalign can be a great way to get straighter teeth if you’re a good candidate for treatment.
To begin the Invisalign process, make an appointment for a consultation with your dentist near you. Your dentist will evaluate if Invisalign is the best option for you at this visit. If so, x-rays and digital pictures of your teeth will be obtained. We will utilize these photos to develop a personalized treatment plan just for you.
You will be able to view a virtual depiction of your teeth at every stage of treatment as soon as your treatment plan is created. This might assist you in estimating the duration of the course of treatment and the expected outcome. After that, it’s time to begin your treatment! You will receive your initial pair of aligners. It is recommended to wear these aligners for 20–22 hours every day. Before switching to the following set of aligners, you must wear each set for roughly two weeks.
Advantages of Keeping Your Teeth Clean While Wearing Invisalign
You will need to take extra care of your teeth and gums when wearing invisalign in North Edmonton in order to prevent gum disease and tooth decay. Here are some tips to maintain the health of your smile while getting your teeth straightened:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, preferably right before bed in the morning and at night. Every time, make sure to brush for two minutes.
- Floss your teeth every day. To clean in between your teeth and under your aligners, use a water flosser or an interdental brush.
- Use mouthwash to rinse your mouth. This will help eradicate any bacteria that brushing and flossing may have missed.
- See your dentist on a regular basis. For a professional cleaning and examination, you should see your dentist in North Edmonton every six months. Tell them you wear Invisalign so they may provide you with particular instructions on how to take care of your teeth while undergoing treatment.
Advice on Maintaining Good Dental Hygiene While Using Invisalign
To avoid gum disease and tooth decay, it’s crucial to take extra care of your teeth and gums if you wear Invisalign. Observing good oral hygiene while wearing Invisalign is advised as follows:
- Use fluoride toothpaste to brush your teeth two times a day.
- To clean regions that are difficult to reach, use a water flosser or interdental brush.
- After eating, rinse your mouth with water.
- Avoid acidic and sugary foods and beverages, as they can harm your teeth.
Get in Touch Today
Beverly Heights Dental can offer you top-notch dental treatments. Today, take control of your oral health and enjoy the advantages of having a gorgeous smile and good dental hygiene! Call to set up a consultation with one of our dentists.