If you’ve acquired teeth whitening in order to get a glowing smile, the next thing that’s on your mind is most likely: “How can I make sure this brilliance lasts?” This is a great question – you want your beautiful results to last as long as possible!
In this blog, we’re delving further into the practice of maintaining your teeth whitening results. We’re covering every angle, from comprehending the procedure’s science to incorporating all realistic actions into your daily activities, routine, and way of life.
What is Included in a Professional Whitening Treatment?
Having you in the informed realm of skilled teeth whitening is a pleasure! We’re here to solve the puzzles surrounding professional teeth whitening procedures and give you an inside look at what transpires during these life-altering sessions.
Essential Tips After Professional Teeth Whitening
Watch What You Eat and Drink:
- Be mindful of foods and drinks that might stain your teeth, like coffee, tea, and berries.
- If you enjoy them, use a straw to keep them away from your front teeth.
Rinse and Brush Properly:
- After having stains on foods or drinks, swish some water in your mouth to minimize their impact.
- Wait around 30 minutes before brushing; this helps protect your enamel.
Be Gentle While Brushing:
- Brush your teeth gently with a soft-bristle toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste at least twice daily.
- Gentle brushing keeps your teeth looking great without wearing away the enamel.
Don’t Forget to Floss:
- Floss daily to keep your smile clean and prevent stains from building up between your teeth.
Regular Check-Ups are Key:
- Keep up with our dentist’s visits for professional cleanings and advice on maintaining your bright smile.
Stay Hydrated and Chew Gum
- Drinking water throughout the day and chewing sugarless gum help keep your mouth fresh and clean.
Say No to Tobacco
- Avoid tobacco products, which can stain teeth and harm oral health.
How Do You Keep Your Teeth Whiter After Treatment?
Let’s explore the secrets of maintaining that brilliant white smile after achieving it through teeth whitening. Since, let’s face it, who doesn’t adore a jaw-dropping grin? Here’s the lowdown on maintaining the attractiveness of your pearly whites with a little assistance from a teeth whitening dentist near you.
Be a Food Detective
- Watch out for food and drink stains like coffee, tea, and red wine. They’re like little artists aiming for your teeth.
- Opt for smile-friendly snacks like crunchy fruits and veggies—like natural toothbrushes!
Rinse, Rinse, Rinse
- Waiting a bit before brushing gives your teeth time to recover from the staining hustle.
- After hanging out with stains from foods or drinks, rinse your mouth with water. It’s like a mini cleanup crew.
Go Whitening Toothpaste Sparing
- It’s cool to use whitening toothpaste several times a week. Remember, less is more; too much can be a bit harsh.
Keep the Balance
- We’re all about that balance. Enjoy your favourite staining treats, but don’t make them your everyday pals. Moderation is key.
Sip and Chew Smartly
- Sip water throughout the day to keep your mouth fresh and wash away food bits.
- Chewing sugarless gum is like a little workout for your mouth. It keeps things moving and grooving.
Straws Are Your Friends
- Sipping staining drinks through a straw is like giving your teeth a little VIP section away from the action.
Tips for Maintaining Whiter Teeth
Ah, the joy of a beautifully white smile—but how do you make it stick around? Get ready to level up your teeth game with these lesser-known yet highly effective tips:
Tip #1: The Power of Cheese
Enjoy cheese after meals. It’s like a natural shield; it helps neutralize acids and strengthen teeth.
Tip #2: Crunchy Munchies
Snack on crunchy fruits and veggies like apples and celery. They work like nature’s scrubbers, gently cleaning your teeth.
Tip #3: Embrace the Strawberry Hack
Although strawberries can stain, they contain malic acid, naturally whitening teeth. Balance is the key here—enjoy in moderation.
Tip #4: Milk, Your Smile’s Friend
Drinking milk after eating stains helps neutralize acids and aids in keeping your teeth gleaming.
Tip #5: Orange Peels: Surprise!
Gently rub orange peels on your teeth. Vitamin C can help fight stains and leave your teeth looking brighter.
How Often Can You Get Your Teeth Whitened?
Listen to Your Teeth
- Your teeth have a natural shade and can only be whitened to a certain point. Pushing it beyond that might lead to sensitivity.
Give it a Breath
- After a professional whitening treatment, give your teeth time to settle—around a month before considering another round.
Home vs. Professional
- Home whitening kits have a lower concentration of whitening agents. Hence, they need more frequent use compared to professional treatments.
Staining Habits Matter
- You might need touch-ups more often if you’re into heavy-staining foods and drinks. Those berries and coffee are the culprits!
Customization is Key
- Our dentist knows best. They’ll evaluate your teeth’s condition and help create a personalized whitening schedule.
The Power of Prevention
- Think of whitening touch-ups to maintain your brightness, not always to make it even whiter.
Come into Beverly Heights Dental
Your smile can make all the difference in how you feel about yourself. If the time has come and you’re eager to brighten up your teeth, we highly encourage you to contact our dentist in North Edmonton. Alongside the rest of our team, they are here to aid you with all your oral health goals.
Please feel free to give us a call when you’re free. We’re excited to speak with you soon!