Cancer is among the topmost causes of death today. It kills more people than McDonald’s or Ford Motors employ worldwide. Out of all the kinds of cancer, Oral cancer affects the most number of people globally. Although it is popularly known to affect people who overindulge in the consumption of tobacco and alcohol, even those who don’t partake in these activities fear this disease. So much so that noticing even a slightly discolored spot or lesion in the mouth almost gives them a heart attack. And, then the scary thought pops up…
Could it be cancer?
This question bugs most of the youth. The millennial lifestyle has become fast-paced and health is beginning to take the back seat in terms of priority. The use of tobacco, alcohol and other harmful substances are degrading the health of a human being. Long hours of work and distractions avert us from a healthy diet and proper hydration. This leads to a condition called ‘cottonmouth’ in which a person always experiences a dry mouth and throat. Getting a lesion inside the mouth or inner lips makes you anxious with fears of oral cancer. It could be just a small lesion but all advertisements and internet pop-ups can make you think otherwise. And just to be on the safer side, here are 5 tips that you can follow to prevent Cancer:
Tips on Preventing Oral Cancer
- Keep yourself hydrated: A presence of saliva in your mouth keeps the germs from building up in the mouth and prevents further breeding. Drink a lot of water, it is always key to a healthy life and keeps your blood purified and prevents lesions and sores.
- Lose the tobacco: Regular use of tobacco affects the overall oral health and specifically the salivary glands. This gives you a dry mouth and could lead to sores and tumors in the glands, which might eventually lead to Cancer.
- Eat alkaline fruits and vegetables: The germs that cause infections, which may develop into Cancerbreed in acidic conditions. Eating alkaline fruits and vegetables like Lemons, Avocadoes, Asparagus, and broccoli neutralizes the acidity and reduces the chances of Cancer by preventing the germs from breeding.
- Avoid the Sun: As the pollution and CO2 levels have risen since the industrial revolution, the ozone that protects us from the UV rays of the sun has diminished. Long exposures of lips to the sun can lead to oral cancer and other cancers.
- Get an HPV Vaccine: Human Papilloma Virus or HPV has been discovered as the cause of oral cancers, especially back of the mouth. It is a sexually transmitted virus but can be prevented by taking a vaccine for the same before you become sexually active.
So now you know how you can safeguard yourself and your loved ones from Oral Cancer. Do your best to maintain your oral hygiene and visit a dentist or an oral hygienist if you feel something out of normal in your mouth. Visit Beverly Heights Dental and get the best help on your doubts about oral cancer and its cures Or Book an appointment to simplify the process.Leave a reply →